Civil Services Examination 2012 Final Result Declared
The UPSC has declared the final results of Civil Services Examination, 2012 on Friday, the 3rd May, 2013. The following are the important highlights of the results :
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2012 was conducted on 20th May, 2012. A record number of 5,36,506 candidates applied for this examination, out of which 2,71,422 candidates have actually appeared.
- 13,092 candidates were declared qualified for the Main written examination held in October, 2012 out of which 2674 candidates were selected for the Personality Test conducted in March-April, 2012.
- Finally 998 candidates (753 Male & 245 Female) have been recommended for appointment to the IAS, IFS, IPS and other Central Services against 1091 reported vacancies including 457 General (including 23 Physically challenged candidates), 295 Other Backward Classes (including 09 Physically challenged candidates), 169 Scheduled Castes (including 02 Physically challenged candidate) and 77 Scheduled Tribes candidates.
- Vacancies unfilled presently are on account of 92 reserved community candidates qualifying on general standards.
- Depending on the options exercised by these candidates for service allocation, these vacancies will be filled by candidates recommended from the Reserve List that is maintained by the Commission.
- TOP position has been taken by Female candidate, Ms. Haritha V. Kumar (Roll No.075502). She has done B.Tech (E&C) from KeralaUniversity. This is her 4th attempt.
- 2nd rank is of Shri V. Sriram (Roll No.494891). He has done MBBS from Kerala University. This is his 2nd Attempt.
- 3rd position is bagged by another Female candidate Ms. Stuti Charan (Roll No.038970). She has done B.Sc from Jodhpur University and PG Diploma in Personnel & Marketing Management from IIPM, Delhi. This is her 3rd attempt.
- TOP position in GENERAL, ST and SC categories have been secured by Female candidates.
- Amongst top 25 candidates there are 13 Male and 12 Female candidates.
- Amongst top 25 candidates 6 have made to the merit list in their 1st attempt; 9 in 2nd attempt; 8 in 3rd attempt; and 01 each in 4th & 6thattempts. As many as 04 have already been recommended to services other than IAS on the basis of Civil Services Examinations of previous years.
- Of the top 25 candidates – 12 appeared from Delhi; 4 fromThiruvanathapuram, 2 each from Chennai & Hyderabad; and 1 each from Jammu, Mumbai, Jaipur, Chandigarh and Allahabad Centres.
- Following is the list, in order of merit, of candidates who have been recommended for appointment to: -
- Indian Administrative Service;
- Indian Foreign Service;
- Indian Police Service; and
- Central Services, Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’.