Google Inks MoU With Andhra Pradesh
- The Andhra Pradesh Government signed a MoU with the Google India.
- The AP Society for Knowledge Networks (APSFKNW), formerly known as Institute for Electronic Governance (IEG) Exchanged Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Google India (P) Ltd at the Office of Minister for Information Technology & Communications., Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- Google has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for first time in India under its Education Initiative.
- The MoU is exchanged to train engineering students from various Jawahar Knowledge Center (JKC) Colleges on latest technologies like Mobile and Cloud Computing.
- Google will also train the trainers / mentors of AP Society for Knowledge Networks and provide required Software, Services & Training Material at free of cost.
- The government-owned APSFKNW runs Jawahar Knowledge Centres in selected engineering colleges.
- Google Inc, a Fortune 100 company with net worth of $200 billion, has set its research and development center in Hyderabad, the first of its kind in Asia-Pacific.
- It has occupied over eight lakh square feet builtup space and employs close to 3,000 software professionals located in three IT parks.