Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty Appionted Chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi
- The President of India has appointed Shri Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty, as Chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi.
- Shri Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty is a 1970 batch Indian Administrative Service Officer and retired in the rank of Secretary to Government of India.
- Shri Chakravarty will hold office till the end of the calendar year in which he completes 70 years of age i.e. upto 31.12.2017.
- The Lalit Kala Akademi or National Academy of Art is India’s National Academy of Fine Arts.
- It was an autonomous organization, established at New Delhi in 1954 by Government of India to promote and propagate understanding of Indian art, both within and outside the country.
- It is funded by the Union Ministry of Culture.
- It has its headquarters at New Delhi, and has regional centers at Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Garhi (Delhi), Kolkata, Lucknow and Shimla.