President Confers Maharishi Badrayan Vyas Samman
- The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee awarded Certificates of Honour to eminent scholars of Sanskrit, Pali/Prakrit, Arabic and Persian and the Maharishi Badrayan Vyas Samman to young scholars for the year 2012 and 2013 at a function at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The scheme for award of Certificates of Honour was introduced in the year 1958 by Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. of India to honour the scholars of Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian Languages.
- The scheme was extended to cover Pali/ Prakrit in 1996.
- From the year 2008, the scheme was further extended to cover one international award for an NRI or foreigner for their lifetime achievement in the field of Sanskrit.
- The Maharishi Badrayan Vyas Samman for young scholars in the age group of 30 to 40 years in the field of Sanskrit, Pali/ Prakrit, Arabic and Persian has been introduced from the year 2002.