Programme Aajeevika Of National Rural Livelihoods Mission
- The 2nd anniversary of India’s National Rural Livelihoods Mission(NRLM) was celebrated on 2 June.
- NRLM is the largest women empowerment programme in the world and it will cover two-third of the country’s population in next 5 years.
- Aajeevika is a flagship programme of the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD).
- Aajeevika was launched in June 2011.
- Aided in part through investment support by the World Bank, the Mission aims at creating efficient and effective institutional platforms of the rural poor enabling them to increase household income through sustainable livelihood enhancements and improved access to financial services.
- It intends to over 7 Crore rural households, across 623 districts, 6,000 blocks, 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats, and 6 lakh villages in the country.
- State Governments has established State Rural Livelihoods Mission (SRLM) to house dedicated structure at state, district and block level to implement multiple program components.
- The core belief of National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) is that the poor have innate capabilities and a strong desire to come out of poverty.