Mumbai, May 28 2022
From the master of sound, Resul Pookutty to the weaver of words, Prasoon Joshi, from the famed wildlife filmmaker Subbiah Nalla Muthu to the internationally acclaimed short film maker Carter Pilcher, the 17th Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF) is back with an array of exciting and enlightening sessions with the master of crafts.
The Master classes by the stalwarts being an exclusive part of the film festival will be a major attraction this year. Master classes, immaculately curated by the festival organizers would help delegates to hone their understanding of the art and craft of cinema.
Master class on topics like the involvement of art and ethics to restore a film, the art of storytelling, aesthetics of sound in cinema and animating in India for the world will be a learning experience for budding film makers and cinephiles. Other aspects of film-making such as the Cinema in Post covid era, how OTT platforms are creating huge difference in the making and breaking of the film world and wildlife filmmaking will also be discussed.
The 17th edition of MIFF is all set to welcome aspiring filmmakers, viewers, believers, and thinkers of cinema to become part of these seven extravagant festival days i.e. from 29th May to 04th June, 2022, filled with eagerly awaited events that will hook you up as it proceeds.
List of master-classes to be presented this year at MIFF:
- ‘The Art and Ethics of Film Restoration.’ By Shivendra Singh Dungarpur 30 MAY 2022 | 11.30 AM – 1 PM
- ‘What Does it take to Qualify your film for the Oscars.’ By Carter Pilcher 30 MAY 2022 | 2 PM – 3.30 PM
- ‘Animating in India for the World.’ ( Animation ) by Krishna Mohan Chintapatta & Tirthadip Ghosh 30 MAY 2022 | 3.45 PM – 5.45 PM
- Subject: ‘My Creative Process.’ ( Animation ) by Regina Pessoa 31 MAY 2022 | 2 PM – 3.30 PM
- Subject: ‘Expanded Cinema from Screens to OTT Platforms – Cinema in Post Covid era.’ By Rizwan Ahamd 1 JUNE 2022 | 11.30 AM – 1 PM
- ‘Wildlife Filmmaking As a Career: Wildlife Filmmaking is not a career, It’s a commitment.’ By Subbiah Nalla Muthu 2 JUNE 2022 | 3.45 PM – 5.45 PM
- ‘Aesthetics of Sound in Cinema.’ By Resul Pookutty 3 JUNE 2022 | 3.45 PM – 5.45 PM
- ‘The Art of Storytelling.’by Prasoon Joshi ( Date and timing to be finalized)
We believe good films go places through the good words of a film-lover like you. Share your love for films on social media, using the hashtags #AnythingForFilms / #FilmsKeLiyeKuchBhi and #MIFF2022. Yes, let’s spread the love for films!
Which #MIFF2022 films made your heart skip a beat or more? Let the world know of your favourite MIFF films using the hashtag #MyMIFFLove
If you are touched by the story, do get in touch! Would you like to know more about the film or the filmmaker? In particular, are you a journalist or blogger who wants to speak with those associated with the film? PIB can help you connect with them, reach our officer Mahesh Chopade at +91-9953630802. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the first post-pandemic edition of the festival, film lovers can participate in the festival online as well. Register for free as an online delegate (i.e., for the hybrid mode) at https://miff.in/delegate2022/hybrid.php?cat=aHlicmlk The competition films can be watched here, as and when the films become available here.