According to the National Weather Forecasting Centre of the India Meteorological Department (IMD): (Thursday 20 May 2021, Time of Issue: 0800 hours IST; Based on 0530 hours IST Observations)
The Well-marked low-pressure area over east Rajasthan and adjoining west Madhya Pradesh has further weakened into a Low-pressure area and lay centred at northwest Madhya Pradesh & neighbourhood at 0530hours IST of today, the 20 May, 2021. It is very likely to move northeastwards and weaken gradually during next 12 hours. The remnant of the system is very likely to move further northeastwards to Uttar Pradesh during the next 24 hours.
- Southwest Monsoon likely to advance into South Andaman Sea & adjoining Southeast Bay of Bengal
around 21st May, 2021.
- The Western Disturbance as a cyclonic circulation over Jammu & Kashmir & neighbourhood between 3.1 & 3.6 km above mean sea level with a trough aloft with its axis at 5.8 km above mean sea level now runs roughly along longitude 71°E to the north of latitude 27°N.
- The cyclonic circulation over central Assam at 0.9 km above mean sea level persists.
- The cyclonic circulation over Southeast Bay of Bengal & neighbourhood between 3.1 km & 5.8 km
above mean sea level persists.
- A LowPressure Area is likely to form over north Andaman Sea & adjoining Eastcentral Bay of
Bengal around 22nd May, 2021.
For more details kindly visit www.imd.gov.in or contact : +91 11 24631913, 24643965, 24629798 (Service to the Nation Since 1875)
SS/RP/ (IMD input)