According to the National Weather Forecasting Centre/Regional Meteorological Centre, New Delhi of the India Meteorological Department (IMD):
(1) Well Marked Low Pressure Area over Westcentral Bay of Bengal:
The Low pressure Area over Central parts of Bay of Bengal & neighbourhood lay as a Well Marked Low Pressure Area over Westcentral Bay of Bengal & neighbourhood at 0830 hours IST of today, the 21st October, 2020. It is very likely to move northwestwards during next 24 hours and move north-northeastwards thereafter towards West Bengal-Bangladesh coasts across Northwest Bay of Bengal off Odisha coast during subsequent 48 hours. It is likely to concentrate into a Depression by tomorrow and further into a Deep Depression during the subsequent 24 hours.
(i) Rainfall (over Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Odisha, Gangetic West Bengal and northeastern
- Fairly widespread to widespread rainfall with isolated heavy fall (64.5-115.5 mm/day) very
likely over Andhra Pradesh on 21st; isolated heavy rainfall on 21st & 23rd and isolated heavy to
very heavy rainfall on 22nd; isolated heavy to very heavy falls (115.6-204.4 mm/day) over
Gangetic West Bengal on 22 & 23 and over Northeast India from 22nd to 24th October, 2020.
- Isolated extremely heavy falls (more than 204.4 mm/day) also likely over Assam & Meghalaya on 23rd October, 2020.
(ii) Wind warning
- Squally winds (speed reaching 40-50 kmph gusting to 60 kmph) would occur over Central Bay of Bengal on 21st Oct; 45-55 kmph gusting to 65 kmph over North Bay of Bengal and adjoining
Central Bay of Bengal during 22nd-23rd and 50-60 kmph gusting to 70 kmph over North Bay of Bengal from 23rd till 24th Oct evening.
- Squally wind speed reaching 40-50 kmph gusting to 60 Kmph also very likely along & off north
Andhra Pradesh & South Odisha coasts during 21st-22nd October; 45-55 kmph gusting to 65 Kmph along & off Odisha-West Bengal coasts on 22nd; 50-60 kmph gusting to 70 kmph along & off north Odisha-West Bengal-Bangladesh coasts from 23rd till 24th October evening.
(iii) Sea condition
- Sea condition will be rough to very rough over Central & adjoining North Bay of Bengal on 21st
Oct; over North Bay of Bengal and adjoining Central Bay of Bengal during 21st-24th October, 2020.
- Sea condition will be rough to very rough along & off north Andhra Pradesh & South Odisha coasts during 21st-22nd October; along & off Odisha-West Bengal coasts on 22nd and along & off north Odisha-West Bengal-Bangladesh coasts during 23rd-24th October.
(iv) Fishermen Warning
- Fishermen are advised not to venture into Westcentral Bay of Bengal and along & off Andhra Pradesh coast till 22nd, into North Bay of Bengal and along & off Odisha-West Bengal-Bangladesh coasts till 24thevening.
(2) Withdrawal of Southwest monsoon from central, eastern and western parts of India:
Southwest Monsoon has withdrawn today the 21 Oct, 2020, from remaining parts of Uttar Pradesh,
entire Bihar, northern parts of West Bengal & Sikkim, northern parts of Jharkhand, north Chhattisgarh, some parts of east Madhya Pradesh and some more parts of west Madhya Pradesh.
The withdrawal line of the Southwest Monsoon passed through Lat. 27°N/ Long.90°E, Cooch Behar,
Sriniketan, Ranchi, Pendra Road, Mandla, Narsinghpur, Indore, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Porbandar, Lat.
21°N/ Long.65°E and Lat. 21°N/ Long.60°E.
Conditions are favorable for further withdrawal of Southwest-Monsoon from remaining parts
Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat state, some more parts of Chhattisgarh, some parts Odisha
and north Maharashtra during next 3-4 days.
Kindly visit www.rsmcnewdelhi.imd.gov.in and www.mausam.imd.gov.in for updates on the system.
5-Days Multi Hazard Weather Warning:
Withdrawal of Southwest Monsoon: