The Ministry of Civil Aviation has taken the following initiatives to promote “Good Governance” in India:
1) The Draft Civil Aviation Policy has been released. The objective of this policy is to provide safe, secure, affordable and sustainable air travel with smooth access to various parts of India and the world. Release of Draft Civil Aviation Policy was a long awaited initiative.
2) The Draft Civil Aviation policy proposes to connect the unserved air routes through the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) with an all-inclusive airfare not exceeding Rs. 2500 per passenger for a one-hour flight on RCS routes.
3) A new system ‘NOCAS V2.0’ has been put in place by Airports Authority of India to accept the applications online for “No Objection Certificate”. This system has reduced the processing time to 3 weeks and has improved transparency.
4) Municipal Bodies have been delegated with the powers to issue “No Objection Certificate” for maximum permissible height of buildings.
5) A comprehensive e-governance project (e-GCA) has been initiated to enable DGCA to make available about 160 services online, which involve licenses and various clearances to airlines, airports, pilots etc.
6) Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) has undertaken a project for implementing Bio-metric Access Control System which will not only enhance security but also make the process more transparent. BCAS is also in the process of undertaking an e-governance project for making its own business processes electronic thereby benefitting the stakeholders by making it streamlined and transparent, while enhancing security.
7) Non-stop flight from Delhi to San Francisco started by Air India w.e.f . 2nd December, 2015 with a view to provide seamless connectivity to Indians living in the West Coast of USA.
8) On-line system introduced in the Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited to receive applications for recruitment purposes.
9) Major file work in the Ministry is being processed through e-file system to enhance transparency, efficiency and to reduce time lag.