The following steps have been taken by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research to make Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) more effective in the interest of farmers:
- Technical staff of the KVKs are regularly trained on latest agricultural technologies for upgrading their knowledge and skill.
- Management Development Programme is organized for the newly recruited heads of the KVKs for better management of KVKs.
- KVK Portal has been developed to integrate all the KVKs of the country for online monitoring and management of KVKs and to disseminate useful knowledge and technologies to farmers
- The KVKs are provided with different demonstration units, farm machineries and vehicles.
- As per requirement, large number of KVKs have been strengthened with other infrastructure facilities like, Pulses seed hubs, soil testing kits, micro-irrigation systems, etc. during last five years.
- Collaboration with different Departments have been made for different activities like establishment of District Agro-Met Units in KVKs in convergence with India Meteorological Department; and organization of Frontline Demonstrations on oilseeds and pulses and Skill Development Training Programmes in convergence with Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare.
This information was given in a written reply by the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar in Lok Sabha today.