- The Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSE&L) with effect from 2018-19 has launched an Integrated Centrally Sponsored Scheme for School Education- Samagra Shiksha.
- Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Smt.Renuka Singh Saruta gave various details of Tribal education in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs is implementing following schemes exclusively for the educational upliftment of Scheduled Tribes(STs) in India.
- Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST students
- Post-Matric Scholarship to ST students
- National Overseas Scholarships for ST Candidates for Studying Abroad
- National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students
Further, the Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSE&L) with effect from 2018-19 has launched an Integrated Centrally Sponsored Scheme for School Education- Samagra Shiksha. The scheme has now been aligned with the recommendations of NEP 2020 to ensure that all children have access to quality education with an equitable and inclusive classroom environment which should take care of their diverse background, multilingual needs, different academic abilities and make them active participants in the learning process. Under the scheme, financial assistance is provided to States and UTs inter-alia for undertaking various activities for reducing the number of ‘Out of School Children’, which include education to homeless children, including opening/strengthening of new schools upto senior secondary level, construction of school buildings & additional classrooms, etc.
Further, for the first time in 2021-22, financial assistance upto Rs. 2000 per annum has been envisioned by DoSE&L for supporting ‘Out of School Children’ of age group of 16-19 years, belonging to socio economically disadvantaged groups, for completing their education through National Institute of Open Schooling(NIOS) / State Institute of Open Schooling (SIOS), for accessing course materials and certification.
Under ‘Pradhan Mantri Poshan Shakti Nirman’ (PM POSHAN) of DoSE&L one hot cooked meal in Government and Government aided schools is provided to students at the elementary level of education.
This reply was given by Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Smt.Renuka Singh Saruta in Rajya Sabha today.