The Ministry, vide Gazette Notification dated 12.02.2014 had constituted National Commission for De-Notified and Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes (NCDNT) for the period of 3 years from the date of Notification.Government has so far launched following welfare schemes for the benefits to DNTs:
- Dr. Ambedkar Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for DNTs Boys and Girls.
- Nanaji Deshmukh Scheme of construction of Hostels for DNTs Boys and Girls.
A Development and Welfare Board for De-Notified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Communities (DWBDNCs) has been constituted on 21.02.2019 and a Committee has also been set up by the NITI Aayog to complete the process of identification of the De-Notified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Communities (DNCs). The survey work of identification of DNT Communities and placing Sthem in a category of SC/ST/OBC is also under process in NITI Ayog and Anthropological Survey of India (AnSI). Also, the Department has approved a specialscheme namely “Scheme for Economic Empowerment of DNT Communities (SEED)” for welfare of this community having following four components:-
- To provide coaching of good quality for DNT candidates to enable them to appear in competitive examinations.
- To provide Health Insurance to them.
- To facilitate livelihood initiative at community level; and
- To provide financial assistance for construction of houses for members of these communities.
This information was given by The Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Sushri Pratima Bhoumik in the Loksabha in a written reply.