PRESS INFORMATION BUREAU
MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND BROADCASTING
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
At 2.4 Lakh, Lowest Daily New Cases after 36 days; Daily Positivity Rate Declines to 11.34%
- With more than 21.23 Lakh tests conducted in the last 24 hours, India has again set a new record of highest tests conducted in a single day.
- This is also the fifth successive day of more than 20 lakh tests in India. India has significantly ramped up its testing capacity to about 25 lakh tests per day, since Jan 2020.
- On a declining trajectory, the Daily Positivity Rate has declined to 11.34%.In another positive development, India has recorded less than 3 lakh Daily New Cases for seven consecutive days now.
- 2,40,842 Daily New Cases were registered in the last 24 hours. This is the lowest figure since 17th April 2021, when the daily new cases were 2.34 lakh.
- India’s Daily Recoveries continue to outnumber the Daily New Cases for the ninth consecutive day. 3,55,102 recoveries were registered in the last 24 hours.
- The National Mortality Rate currently stands at 1.13%.
- 3,741 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours.
- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country exceeds 19.50 Cr
More than 21.80 crore vaccine doses provided to States/UTs
More than 1.90 crore doses still available with States/UTs to be administered
As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost. In addition, the Govt. of India has also been facilitating direct procurement of vaccines by the States/UTs. Vaccination is an integral pillar of the comprehensive strategy of Government of India for containment and management of the pandemic, along with Test, Track, Treat and COVID Appropriate Behaviour.
Under the Strategy, in every month 50% of the total Central Drugs Laboratory (CDL) cleared vaccine doses of any manufacturer would be procured by Govt. of India. It would continue to make these doses available to the State Govts totally free of cost as was being done earlier.
Government of India has so far provided, both through the free of cost category and through direct state procurement category, more than 21.80 crore vaccine doses (21,80,51,890) to States/UTs. For details: https://www.pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1721016
Update on COVID Relief Aid
Government of India has been receiving international cooperation of COVID-19 relief medical supplies and equipment since 27th April 2021 from different countries/organisations. These are being expeditiously dispatched/delivered to the States and UTs to supplement their efforts towards COVID19 management.
Cumulatively, 16,630 Oxygen Concentrators; 15,961 Oxygen Cylinders; 19 Oxygen Generation Plants; 11,516 ventilators/ BiPAP; ~6.9 L Remdesivir vials delivered/ dispatched through road and air, from 27th April 2021 to 22nd May 2021.
Union Defence Minister chairs a national consultation to discuss conduct of Class XIIth exams and professional courses entrance exams
A national consultation was arranged today by the Ministry of Education, Government of India with the Education Ministers and Administrators of all States and UTs. The consultation was chaired by the Union Defence Minister ShriRajnath Singh, and was attended by Union Education Minister ShriRameshPokhriyal‘Nishank’, Union Minister for Women and Child Development and Textiles, Smt. SmritiZubinIrani, Union Minister for Forest, environment and Climate change and Information and Broadcasting, ShriPrakashJavadekar and Minister of State for Education Shri Sanjay Dhotre.
While summing up, Union Defence Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh thanked all the participants for putting forth their positive suggestions on the proposals for conducting examinations. He requested States and UTs to submit other suggestions, if any, to the Ministry of Education by this Tuesday i.e. 25th May. The Ministry will consider all those suggestions and take a final decision soon, he added. He reiterated that the priority of the Government is to conduct all the examinations in a safe and secure environment.
Oxygen Expresses cross 15000 MT mark in delivering Oxygen relief to the Nation
First Oxygen Express to Assam with 80 MT of Oxygen relief reached today
Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country. So far, Indian Railways has delivered more than 15284 MT of LMO in more than 936 tankers to various states across the country.
It may be noted that 234 Oxygen Expresses have completed their journey so far and brought relief to various States.