In order to achieve the target of “Housing for All” in rural areas, the Ministry of Rural Development is implementing Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G) with effect from 1st April, 2016 to provide assistance to eligible rural households with overall target to construct 2.95 crore pucca houses with basic amenities by March, 2024. Out of the total target of 2.95 crore houses, a target of 2.62 crore (88.81% of total) houses has been allocated to the States/UTs, 2.27 crore (76.9% of total) beneficiaries have been sanctioned houses by the States/UTs, 1.74 crore houses have been completed as on 9.3.2022.
The Ministry is taking various steps to increase the pace of house sanction & completion and achievement of the targets by March 2024. Some of which are as under:
- Timely allocation of targets to the States/UTs.
- Micro monitoring of house sanction and completion using latest PMAY-G Dashboard and other IT tools & technologies.
- Regular review by Minister/ Secretary/ Additional Secretary and Joint Secretary.
- Focus on completion of those houses where 3rd or 2nd installment of funds has been released.
- Separate review of States with high targets and sub-par performance.
- Timely release of funds to the States/UTs and follow up with the States for onward release.
- Continuous follow-up with States / UTs on providing land to landless beneficiaries.
The following steps are being taken by the Ministry to clear the bottlenecks in the implementation of PMAY-G:
- Monitoring on various parameters like gaps in sanction and completion of houses to ensure timely completion of houses.
- Timely release of central share and state matching share from treasury to SNA.
- Regular follow ups with the states to ensure provision of land to landless beneficiaries in rural areas.
- Development of house design typologies for adoption by the States/UTs.
- Training to Rural Masons under Rural Mason Training (RMT) programme to make available pool of trained rural masons for faster construction of quality houses.
This information was given by the Union Minister of State for Rural Development Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.