According to the National Weather Forecasting Centre of the India Meteorological Department (IMD):
(Friday 25 June 2021; MID-DAY; Time of Issue: 1300 hours IST)
ALL INDIA WEATHER SUMMARY AND FORECAST BULLETIN
- The northern Limit of southwest monsoon (NLM) continues to pass through Lat. 26°N / Long. 70°E, Barmer, Bhilwara, Dholpur, Aligarh, Meerut, Ambala and Amritsar.
- Present meteorological conditions as well as model forecasts indicate that large scale features as well as prevailing wind patterns over the region are not likely to be favourable during the forecast period for further advance of southwest monsoon into remaining parts of Rajasthan, west Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh & Delhi and Punjab.
- A cyclonic circulation lies over Jharkhand & neighbourhood extending upto mid-tropospheric levels. it is very likely to meander over the same area during next 3 days. Under its influence, fairly widespread to widespread rainfall with isolated heavy falls and thunderstorm & lightning very likely over most parts of East & adjoining Central India (Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and East Madhya Pradesh) during next 3 days and reduction in rainfall intensity and distribution thereafter. Isolated very heavy rainfall also very likely over Chhattisgarh and East Madhya Pradesh during next 24 hours.
- Under the influence of strengthening of moist southwesterly winds; fairly widespread to widespread rainfall very likely over Northeast India during next 5 days. Isolated heavy rainfall very likely over Assam & Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh during next 3 days and very heavy rainfall over Assam & Meghalaya during subsequent 3 days.
- Under the influence of strengthening of lower level winds: rainfall activity is likely to increase over Kerala, Karnataka and Tamilnadu where fairly widespread rainfall with isolated heavy falls is very likely during 27th-29th June, 2021.
Moderate to severe thunderstorms accompanied by frequent cloud to ground lightning very likely over Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh during next 24 hours. This may cause injuries leading to casualties to people and animals staying outdoors.
(Please CLICK HERE for more details & graphics)
Kindly download MAUSAM APP for location specific forecast & warning, MEGHDOOT APP for Agromet advisory and DAMINI APP for Lightning Warning & visit state MC/RMC websites for district wise warning.
SS/ RP/ (IMD inputs)