Five following Indian museums feature among the best 25 museums in Asia.
1. Leh’s “Hall of Fame” has topped the India list.
2. Bagore Ki Haveli (Udaipur),
3. Victoria Memorial Hall (Kolkata),
4. Salar Jung Museum (Hyderabad)
5. Jaisalmer War Museum (Jaisalmer).
Darshan Museum (Pune), Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures (Shillong), Heritage Transport Museum (Taoru), Siddhagiri Museum (Kolhapur), and Gandhi Smriti (New Delhi) also figure in the top-10 list for India.
TripAdvisor will honour the ranked museums with its Travellers’ Choice-awards.
No museums from India feature in the top 25 world list, which is topped by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the New York City and followed by Art Institute of Chicago, State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace, Musee d’Orsay, Paris and National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico.
The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horse in China topped the Asia list.