Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Ltd has won six Raksha Mantri’s awards for Excellence for the years 2014-15 and 2015-16.
MV Gowtama, Chairman and Managing Director received the awards from Defence Minister Arun Jaitley.
BEL’s six awards are for:
1. “Indigenisation” for 2014-15 under the category On Order Projects for Doppler Weather Radar (S Band Doppler Weather Radar & C Band Polarimetric Doppler Weather Radar).
2. For “Design Effort” for 2014-15 under the category On Order Projects for LYNX U2 Naval Gun Fire Control System.
3. For Best Performance in Export for 2015-16.
4. For Best Performing Division/Factory/Shipyard Award for the “Best Performing Division” among DPSUs for Naval Systems 2 SBU.
5. For Indigenisation for 2015-16 under the category On Order Projects for the Light Weight Portable Laser Target Designator.
6. For Design Effort for the year 2015-16 under the category On Order Projects for the Test Bed for Automated Air Defence Control and Reporting System (ADC&RS).