The Monitoring Committee constituted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change for overseeing outbreak of H5N8 avian influenza reviewed the control and containment of the avian influenza situation.
The control and containment measures of avian influenza in the affected zoos are being continued, which include:
- Surveillance continues and the zoo is being screened regularly for any dead bird.
- Bio-security measures being strictly enforced.
- Delhi Zoo remained closed for the safety of visitors and control of the disease.
- A medical doctor visited and examined exposed employees of the zoo and medication was provided.
- Activities of other birds in the zoos appear to be normal.
- In Gwalior zoo, samples were collected for Plum Headed Parakeet, Red Munia, Shikara and Duck.
- Anti-viral solution is being sprayed on the affected area animal and bird enclosures and area surrounding water bodies to prevent further infection.