The Union Minister of Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar released the India Rankings 2017 for the Educational Institutions.
‘INDIA RANKINGS 2017’ is the second edition of India Rankings, a total of 2995 institutions have participated this time. This includes 232 Universities, 1024 Engineering Institutions, 546 Management Institutions, 318 Pharmacy Institutions and 637 General Degree Colleges, and others. Many of these have participated in multiple disciplines, adding to a total of 3319 participants across disciplines.
“India Rankings 2017” have ranked institutions in the disciplines/categories mentioned above, and have also provided a common overall rank across all disciplines for those institutes which either have more than 1000 enrolled students, or which are centrally funded.
The parameters used for India Rankings 2017 are broadly similar to those used last year. However, at the level of detail, some of the sub-parameters have been tweaked for a more robust system of rankings.
In particular for evaluating Research Impact, parameters for quality of publications have been enhanced to include the number of highly cited papers, in addition to the usual parameters of publications per faculty and citations per paper.
Innovations have also been made in improving the scoring metrics, where the “percentile” metric has been replaced by a more discriminating metric.
All research related information, including publications, citations, highly cited papers and even patent information about institutes was collected from third party databases (from our industry partners) to obtain an objective and unbiased picture.
For this year’s Perception inputs, a large data base of academic and industry peers and employers was deployed, in addition to getting inputs from members of general public. Finally, some provision has also been made for the scale of operations of an institute in terms of the size of its student population and graduated doctoral students.
As per the declared time-schedule, the rankings are being announced on the first Monday of April. The Rankings List includes 100 institutions each in the Overall, University, Engineering and General College Categories, and 50 each in Management and Pharmacy Disciplines. Additional rankings in suitably bunched forms are also being provided.
List of top 10 India Rankings 2017 is as follows:
Indian Institute of Science, Banglore, Karnataka
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Chennai), Tamil Nadu
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (Mumbai), Maharashtra
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal
Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, Delhi
Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi, Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Tamil Nadu
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (Mumbai), Maharashtra
3. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal
4. Indian Institute of Tchnology, New Delhi, Delhi
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
6. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
7. Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam
8. Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
9. Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal
10. Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, Telangana
1.Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2. Indian Institute of Management, Banglore, Karnataka
3.Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, West Bengal
4. Indian Instituut of Management, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
5.Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, Kerala
6. Indian Institute of Technology,New Delhi, Delhi
7. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal
8. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
9. Xavior Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
10. Indian Institute of Management, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
1.Indian Institute of Science, Banglore, Karnataka
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, Delhi
3. Banaras Hindu University
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Banglore, Karnataka
5.Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal
6. Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
7. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
8. University of Delhi, Delhi
9. Amrita Vishwa Peetham, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
10. Savitribai Phule PuneUniversity, Pune, Maharshtra
1. Miranda House, Delhi, Delhi
2. Loyola College, District Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3. Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi, Delhi
4. Bishop Heber College, District Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu
5. Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College,New Delhi, Delhi
6. St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, West Bengal
7. Lady Shri Ram College for Women,New Delhi, Delhi
8. Dyal Singh College, Delhi, Delhi
9. Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, New Delhi, Delhi
10. The Women’s Christian College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
1. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, Delhi
2. National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali, S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali), Punjab
3. University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh, Chandigarh
4. Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra
5. National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad, Telangana
6. Birla Institute of Science, Pilani, Rajasthan
7. Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science, Manipal, Karnataka
8. Poona College of Pharmacy Erandwane Pune, Maharashtra
9. S.R.M.Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
10. JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore, Karnataka