The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for entrance to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses shall be conducted by the National Board of Examinations.
1. The examination shall be held in 86 test centers at 41 cities from December 5th – 13th, 2016. The examination shall be held as a Computer Based Test and shall comprise of 300 Multiple Choice Questions from the MBBS curriculum followed at medical colleges in India duly prescribed as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulation notified by Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
2. NEET-PG is a single window entrance examination for entry to MD/MS/Post Diploma courses. No other examination either at state level or institutional level entrance examination conducted by medical colleges /institutions shall be valid as per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 with effect from 2017 admission session.
3. Scope of Examination: NEET-PG 2017 shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses’ for the academic session 2017 which will include the following:
i. All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
ii. State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
iii. MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
iv. MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
v. DNB Broad specialty courses (January 2017 Admission Session)
4. The website for NEET-PG shall be available with effect from 24/09/2016 and online registration for the NEET-PG shall commence from 0700hrs on 26/09/2016 till 31/10/2016 (23:59hrs). The entire procedure for registration and application for the examination is online.
5. A toll free number 1XXX XX 1700 is available with effect from 26/09/2017. Further details about the exam are available at www.nbe.edu.in
National Board of Examinations (NBE) is an autonomous organization established by Government of India in 1982 with prime objective of conducting post graduate examinations on all India basis. National Board of Examinations also conducted the NEET-PG for MD/MS/PG Diploma admissions in 2013 and All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE) during the period 2014 – 2016.
AIIMS, PGIMER, JIPMER, NIMHANS and SRICHITRA Institute are not covered by NEET PG.