ONGC Videsh Discover Oil in Colombia

ONGC Videsh has found hydrocarbon reserves in its Mariposa-1 well, which is under drilling in CPO-5 block of Colombia.

Project analysis indicates the presence of approximately 120 ft of oil saturated net pay in the Lower Sands Unit 3 of the Une Formation.

ONGC Videsh is the operator of the block and holds 70 per cent participating interest and Amerisur Resources holds the remaining 30 per cent.

The well Mariposa-1 commenced drilling on March 24 this year and was directionally drilled to a total depth of 11,556 feet.