Tata Memorial Centre (TMC), Mumbai is a Grant-in-Aid Institution under the aegis of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India having centres at :-
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC), Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
- Mahamana Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya Cancer Centre (MPMMMCC), Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre (HBCH & RC) at Sangrur, Punjab
- Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre (HBCH & RC) at Mullanpur, Punjab
- Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre (HBCH & RC) at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Dr. B. Borooah Cancer Institute (BBCI), Guwahati, Assam
- Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre (HBCH & RC) at Muzaffarpur, Bihar
Tata Memorial Centre provides treatment at the ratio of 40:60 and 60% is exclusively for General category patients which is free or highly subsidized treatment to poor patients with cancer.
Department of Atomic Energy and Tata Memorial Centre with assistance from Tata Trust is setting up of additional units (Hub and Spoke) at various locations as per the recommendations of 350th Parliamentary Standing Committee.
Tata Memorial Centre has been providing services through National Cancer Grid which has more than 250 member centres all over India for the treatment of the cancer. This includes collaboration with most regional cancer centres (which come under the MoHFW), many State and Central Government hospitals as well as private hospitals all over the India. In addition, Tata Memorial Centre has provided technical support to several Governments in establishing or developing cancer centres in their respective states.
This information was given by Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
SNC / RR