“Paryavaran Bhawan” located in CGO Complex, New Delhi has been renamed as Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan.
Earlier, the Ministry of Environment and Forests was a major occupant of the Building and therefore, it was appropriately called ‘Paryavaran Bhawan’.
However, the Ministry of Environment & Forests moved to its own separate premises on 14th June, 2014.
The decision to re-name the building as Pt. Deendayal ‘Antyodaya Bhawan’ has been taken to highlight the Antyodaya Philosophy of Pt. Deendayal who advocated the upliftment of the poorest and the most under-privileged strata of the Society.
Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya advocated the philosophy of ‘Integral Humanism’ which developed Body, Mind and Soul and reconciled Socialism and Capitalism.
The other Departments in the Building include Defence, Central Police Organisations and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) which also work towards the strengthening and integrity of the Nation.
Current Affairs for IAS Exam
- AYUSH Ministry gives major boost to healthcare facilities in Uttar Pradesh; to invest ₹553.36 crore under National AYUSH Mission
- Union Minister for Jal Shakti Chairs the 10th Empowered Task Force Meeting of National Mission For Clean Ganga
- Union Minister of State for Culture Smt. Meenakashi Lekhi inaugurates the three-day festival “Kashi Utsav” in Varanasi
- CSIR-CMERI Oxygen Enrichment Unit – An Optimised Oxygen Administering Device amidst the Nationwide Oxygen Shortage
- 100% Saturation of Grey Water Management in Pappankuzhi Village, Tamil Nadu
- 1,67,080 companies registered in FY 2021-22 as compared to 1,55,377 in FY 2020-21
- Environment Ministerial on Air Pollution and Stubble burning with Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan to be held on 01st of October.
- 13 plants under SATAT have initiated supply of CBG
- Government files Review Petition on Supreme Court judgement of 5thMay, 2021 pertaining to Constitution 102nd Amendment Act, 2018
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra says, Department of Biotechnology has funded fifty-one (51) Biotech-Kisan hubs connecting Indian farmers with best scientists and institutions