In order to ensure availability of essential food items at reasonable prices the Government took flowing decisions recently:
1. Advance action plan drawn to ensure availability of Essential Commodities and weekly monitoring meeting of an inter-ministerial committee chaired by the Secretary Consumer Affairs.
2. Decision taken to procure 1.50 lakh MT of pulses for creating buffer stock. Decision to import of 10,000 MT pulses already taken.
3. MSP increased for kharif pulse by Rs 275 per qtl for Tur&Urad, and by Rs 250 per qtl for Moong.
4. Ban on export of all pulses, except Kabuli Chana; and Organic Pulses & lentils up to 10,000 MTs. Zero import duty on pulses extended upto Sept,2016.
5. Zero import duty extended till 30th September 2016.
6. States/UTs empowered to impose stock limits, on Onions and Pulses to check hoarding and black marketing under EC Act, 1955.
7. Other edible oil in branded consumer pack of up to 5 kgs is permitted with MEP of USD 900 per MT w.e.f. 6.2.2015