A draft National Policy for Domestic workers is under consideration of the Government.
The salient features of the Policy are as under:
#Inclusion of Domestic Workers in the existing legislations
#Domestic workers will have the right to register as workers with the State Labour Department. Such registration will facilitate their access to rights & benefits accruing to them as workers.
#Right to form their own associations , trade unions
#Right to have minimum wages, access to social security, protection from abuse, harassment, violence
#Right to enhance their professional skills
#Protection of Domestic Workers from abuse and exploitation who are recruited to work abroad
#Domestic Workers to have access to courts, tribunals, etc.
#Establishment of a mechanism for regulation of placement agencies.
Current Affairs for IAS Exam
- Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare chairs the inauguration ceremony of the 2021 MBBS Batch of AIIMS, Kalyani
- PIB’S DAILY BULLETIN ON COVID-19
- IITs to provide mentorship to NITTTR for up-skilling teachers- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan
- India’s Daily New Cases drop below 9,000 after 8 months; 8,635 new cases recorded in the last 24 hours
- Indians Win Silver Medal at Bulgaria Open
- Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates the National Parliamentary Conference on Tuberculosis among Women
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of ‘5.09% GS 2022’, Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of ‘5.77% GS 2030’, Auction for Sale (Re-issue) of ‘GoI Floating Rate Bond 2033’, and Auction for Sale (Re-issue) of ‘ 6.80% GS 2060’
- Underwriting Auction for sale of Government Securities for ₹30,000 cr on September 25, 2020
- CGST Ccommissionerate, Mumbai West Zone busts fake GST Input Tax Credit of Rs. 15.23 Crore
- Union Minister Shri Anurag Singh Thakur adresses plenary session of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) convention which began in Indore today